Last night I didn’t spend much time working, but I tested my drilling and counterboring techniques (still have room for improvement, but getting better) and parting the finished parts from the stock they were milled on. The final step in this process will be to face the top in the mill so it’s true to the bottom edge. My next steps are to mill the armature piece that turns the rod in the flipper, and to finish and test my complete flipper mechanism. So here are a couple of pictures of the parts removed from the stock. I really like the idea of leaving a shoulder around the part where I intend to cut it off, it made a great guide when I took it to the bandsaw, and even left a small bit of material so I’m not having to face down into the part and remove some of the height.