I had only a short time today, but I used it to get a refresher on the use of the software that runs the milling machine and to get the two new parts I’m milling ready to go. After some great suggestions from my mentor Marty, I decided to change the way I’m making the flipper and mill it upside down. It will take longer, but will allow me to accurately mill the 0.376″ hole in the bottom. It does mean using a key cutter to cut part of the outside profile though, since there is a 0.100″ overhang when cutting this way. The part will then be removed with a band saw and faced on the mill.
The second part, the arm that turns the flipper shaft, will be quicker to make but generally be done in the same fashion. I will be making these parts Monday evening after work.