Assembling the Parts

Last night I glued up most of the parts and also made some standoffs to support the electronics. I cut out the OLED display holes from the front of the idler, but don’t have any bolts small enough to attach it, M3 is too big. But I glued down everything else, and ran a lot of wire under the machine. I still need to trim some wires and crimp connectors onto them to get everything connected before I can start programming, but I’m close. Real close. The Arduino Uno is annoying, one of the holes is too close to the header for an M3 bolt, but the other 3 holes are all sized for M3. I ordered a bunch of M2-sized bolts, washers, and nuts—they’ll be here in a few days.

Advertisements

Author: homechicken

Dvorak Typist. Mandarin Speaker. Mugwump. Commander of Her Royal Majesty's 102nd Garden Gnome Regiment. Collector of Hobbies. Cat Whisperer. Maker of Things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s