Taller Carriage Motor Assembly

I had a little time this evening and used it to check assembly heights. I realized that I needed to lift the carriage motor mount up about an inch for the GT2 belt to attach to it. I made a few small changes to the design as well. Here’s the new part layout:

I also drew up a template for the slingshots. Something simple that will help me locate the holes I need to drill out. I’m not quite there yet, but I’ve been itching to get it drawn and cut out.

My next step in to create an idler mechanism and support assembly for the other end of the belt. I need to use the lathe to make the actual idler and a small delrin tube, and also draw up plans for the assembly to bring the idler to the right height.

Advertisements

Author: homechicken

Dvorak Typist. Mandarin Speaker. Mugwump. Commander of Her Royal Majesty's 102nd Garden Gnome Regiment. Collector of Hobbies. Cat Whisperer. Maker of Things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s