Closing in on the Coiler

I’m closing in on the design for the different parts of the coiling machine. Today I worked out the left home limit switch assembly, and glued up what I hope to be the final iteration of the carriage and carriage mount assemblies.

I took the back panel off the carriage slide mount because it just wasn’t necessary, and the delrin rods wouldn’t stay glued into their slots. I moved the enamel wire slot up, to accommodate another change to the carriage: I added the pulley to the front of the carriage assembly, eliminating the need for an additional assembly and simplifying the design. I also drilled the hole for enamel wire to feed through the delrin block. Lots of tweaks and small iterative changes happened.

Advertisements

Author: homechicken

Dvorak Typist. Mandarin Speaker. Mugwump. Commander of Her Royal Majesty's 102nd Garden Gnome Regiment. Collector of Hobbies. Cat Whisperer. Maker of Things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s