New Coupler, Rod Caps

Last night I had some time on the lathe and made a new 8mm-5mm coupler because my first one was just stupid big. I also made two rod caps with set screws to hold the end of the steel rod in the carriage mount. I still need two more of them, as well as two more for a smaller rod in the pulley mechanism.

You can also see where I cut a rectangle out of the carriage mount front and back, and CA-glued in 1/4″ delrin rod to protect the enamel wire as it feeds through. Next step is to figure out how I’m mounting the limit switches to control back-and-forth motion, then it’s assembly time!

Advertisements

Author: homechicken

Dvorak Typist. Mandarin Speaker. Mugwump. Commander of Her Royal Majesty's 102nd Garden Gnome Regiment. Collector of Hobbies. Cat Whisperer. Maker of Things.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s